Trident Energy Sustainability Report 2022: Foundations for the FutureNo disponible en español
We are pleased to launch the Trident Energy Sustainability Report 2022 which outlines the work carried out throughout the year and shows that we have continued to make good progress and remain on track to achieve our target of reducing our carbon intensity by 50% by 2030.
Sustainability is an important part of the Trident Energy story. As well as extending the life and value of existing infrastructure, we bring efficiency and productivity improvements which, by definition, reduce emissions intensity. We also understand the importance of ESG considerations to all our stakeholders and are committed to adapting and contributing our part to a more sustainable world.
Like many others in the industry, we faced challenges in 2022, yet we made considerable progress in delivering on our approach to sustainability and establishing the foundations for a future that everyone who works with or for Trident Energy can take pride in. Below are some key highlights:
- We began the process of applying the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- We progressed our flaring reduction initiatives across our operations and achieved a 51% reduction in Brazil.
- We launched a Leadership in Health and Safety program, engaging staff and contractors on our commitment to zero harm, reinforcing our values and building your competency to intervene.
- We invested $1.5M in community projects aligned with our four pillars of investment, delivering shared prosperity and building capacity.
- We published our Safety and Sustainability Policy where we make 13 clear commitments, covering environmental protection, value-creating partnerships with host governments and communities, and an uncompromising approach to safety.
Jean-Michel Jacoulot, Chief Executive Officer, Trident Energy ML, commented: “I would like to thank everyone at Trident Energy for the ways in which they have lived our values and contributed to our goals. Guided by our ‘ROCKS’ we will continue investing in them and our assets to unlock value for all our stakeholders in a safe and sustainable manner.”
We hope you will find our report informative.